Sunday, November 25, 2007

The World's Best Apple Pie


So, for Thanksgiving Ellen and I decided to share with some MANK friends of ours (Married And No Kids) since we didn't want to cook a bunch of food for just the two of us. We were in charge of Desserts, and Wednesday night Ellen made an apple pie that looked weird and tasted kinda funny. I told her to make a different one, to use more sugar, and to see if she could make it look prettier. She did some research, shunned me from the kitchen for a while, then busted out the AMAZING pie you see in the picture here. As anyone who has seen my physical presence knows, I have put down my share of pie wedges over the years..well, who are we kidding, I have put down my share of whole pies over the years, and BY FAR, this pie that Ellen made was THE BEST APPLE PIE I HAVE EVER EATEN IN MY LIFE!!! Yes, a Taiwanese woman made the all-American pie that tasted better than any pie by my mom, grandma, aunt, or any other known being who walks the earth has ever made. I hope she can duplicate it when the family gathers together at Christmas. Did I tell you how much I love Ellen's apple pie??

4 comments:

dust and kam said...

Trevor, Trevor! You crack me up! But that does look like a mighty good pie!

So I came across your blog... not sure how.. but here I am! It is good to see what you are up to and how life is treating you. It's been YEARS! And I am SURE you miss KM^2!!

Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

don't hold back, homey! post that recipe for the sake of those of us who struggle with domestication and all rituals related to baking.

Rebecca said...

Tell Ellen that apple pie is one of my favorites...and I will be mighty hungry for it at Christmas!

Lacey.costner said...

ohhh that seriously sounds sooo yummy, I crave apples like a MOFO this pregnancy!! I love you and can't wait to see you!!