Monday, August 9, 2010

Stereotypes Affirmed

So, I'm at Costco today, and there is a gathering crowd of people all lining up near a side door. This seems odd to me, since it is not the main card check "wow look at those sweet HDTVs" entrance. As I get a closer look, I notice that all of the people in the crowd were either young (under the age of 30), black, hispanic or caucasian men/women, or if they were older, black women. I then discover that they were all waiting in line to meet Ludacris, an Atlanta based rapper who also appeared in the movie Crash. Luda (oh, I know his nickname) was there promoting his new product, some cognac dubbed "conjure." All I know is, if someone asked me to conjure up a racial profile of Ludacris fans, it would have matched the demo waiting in that line. Now, before anyone gets their drawers up in a bunch, it is only an observation. If Toby Keith was signing autographs at Costco, I would expect a bunch of fat white women or rednecks, with a deere or bud hat on, talking in a language that drops any "ing" endings, angry that Costco don't let em park the trailer in the back, like they does at Wal-mart. The funny thing? I'm a 34 year old white guy, fluent in ebonics, who has enjoyed music from both of those artists.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.1

4 comments:

ranman said...

Hilarious. We need to hear more from you t-bone.

Sam, Cathy and Hannah Newcomer said...

Ok trev I am glad after 1 year you have written in your blog. Looking forward to coming to california to visit someday.

kanaboke said...

HaHaHaHaHa! I'm laughing so hard right now! You Rock Newcomer Sama!!

DCAja said...

https://www.guntursapta.com/2019/10/pinjaman-kredit-tanpa-agunan-kta-tanpa.html