Sunday, September 2, 2007

New Ellen-isms!!

My lovely wife Ellen sometimes says some funny things in English-phrases that kind of get lost in translation. I will periodically post them as new ones are created. So, please enjoy these little Ellen-isms!


Where is the cirantro?!!!   (Where is the cilantro)
There is a died mouse in the backyard (dead)
Maple sauce for the pancakes (syrup)

There are a ton more, but I always forget, and Ellen doesn't help me remember!


"Your belly improved"-this is what Ellen said when she meant to say "your belly got bigger". I'm not sure I would call this an improvement, but it made me laugh nontheless.

"Subten" -this one took me about 5 mnutes to figure out, finally I learned the intented word-"sabbath"

"rop the benbu leaves" =wrap the bamboo leaves

"The Final Dinner"-this is the name of the picture on our living room wall (We all know it as "The Last Supper")

2 comments:

Elissa said...

HILARIOUS!!! We'll definitely look forward to these updates!! How are you guys?

Rita said...

She is way cute, isn't she?