Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ugly baby anxiety

So yesterday we went to the Doc to have Ellen's prenatal visit. She had the basic blood panel done yesterday, and we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time (that was really neat). We wonder if we ought to plunk down the $25.00 or so and get one of those home fetal heartbeat monitors. Anyway, while walking down the hall towards the doctors office, we pass a international couple like ourselves, white American husband, Asian wife, and the baby was not so cute. Like, make you stop in your tracks and pause kind of face, and not for a good reason. This sight made me start to feel a little concern about the gene pool wonder that will be our little one. It seems to be hit and miss with mixed race couples: some kids are cute and beautiful, other kids look more like freaks, and I am trying to be nice here. Now that I've posted this, I feel like I've jinxed our own future kid. I better say something nice next time.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

That was funny! But, I think we have all thought about that regardless of our race, Trev. Good thing though you will probably think your kid is cute no matter what!

Elissa said...

Hi again Trev! Don't worry Trev I have this theory that every Asian baby is the cutest baby in the world! Dito to what Rebecca said. Regardless your baby will be cute no matter what.

Lacey.costner said...

lol soooooo true... I'm a little concerned of what this little one will be lookin like too....oh whatevs it will be totally adorable... you are a newcomer for cryin' outloud!!!

Rebecca said...

I have to agree with Lacey, so far all the Newcomer grandkids have been cute!

Dan and Janay said...

Dude all the hot chicks in the Philippines (not that I was ever looking...) were totally havsies. You have nothing to fret over...unless of course you end up with a total freak!!! ;)

Stephanie said...

Trevor, you are so funny! I read this post before we met you guys and I thought it was funny then. Now that I've met you and am picturing you telling this story it is even funnier. Hilarious!