Tuesday, July 15, 2008





Now that we are in the third trimester of pregnancy, Ellen has decided to resurrect her golf game. Here you can watch her swing. I wish we had an HD camera, so you could see the flight of the ball, but you'll have to settle for the thrill of watching a full term prego wonderwoman smack a golf ball 100 yards with a 9 iron. Meanwhile, I, with my budding golf game, just try to hit the ball without landing on the club and breaking it, falling over, or dislocating something from all the torque on my knees. Oh, I also bake things in my spare time, which is a lot right now, since I am "in between jobs" at the moment. Pineapple upside down cake is my favorite, and I made this one on Sunday. I know this is a quick post, but I just wanted to show Ellen's athletic talents off.

6 comments:

dust and kam said...

Ooooo..... yum. That makes me hungry!

Ellen is good! I couldn't hit like that now - let alone being 35 weeks or so pregnant.

Nice!

I can't believe how close it's getting. 4 more weeks??

Rebecca said...

The best part of that video is the "aw shucks, that was nothing" hand gesture at the end. Looks like Randy and I need to buy that house so you guys can come play!

Emily in Wonderland said...

That is an excellent swing and an excellent cake my dear sir. I used to bake ALOT of pineapple upside down cakes once upon a time and I love 'em too.

:)

I can't believe Ellen is 36ish weeks! I rememeber when you guys had just found out! Very exciting! Hope you're ready!

Rebecca said...

I love Ellen's blog. Wish I knew how to leave her a comment. Give her a message for me...that new hair: va va va voom! Looking good, Ellen! I was glad part of it was in English! We can't wait to see that new baby!

Dan and Janay said...

That swing looks almost as good as the cake.

Elissa said...

Ellen is AWESOME! I thought I was doing pretty good when I waddled up to the pulpit the Sunday before Ellie was born to give the closing prayer, Ellen puts me to shame!! By the way I LOVE her new hair cut it's very cute on her! Can't wait to see the next Newcomer grand baby!