Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chicken Soup for Someone's Jacked-up Soul!

I apologize for the second food-related post, but I just couldn't pass up the chance to show you the soup my beloved was CRAVING today. I have learned over the 2 years of marriage that when she says she is making something, I cannot rely on standard pictures or concepts of what something is. (See the post regarding bread below). So, when she said she was going to make chicken soup, I knew it would be different from my mama's cold-fixing heart-warming noodle-laden bowls of chickeny goodness. If your interested, I'm sure she would be willing to send you the recipe. Make sure you can find a lot of chicken feet first though!


8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I would so starve at your house, Trev!

dust and kam said...

Oh my! I think I'd have to go for take out.

You guys are too funny. Do you ever cook for her? I am sure she is thinking the same thing. :)

Lacey.costner said...

lol wow....I thought chicken feet were the part of the chicken you threw away???? is there really even any meet on those?? And do you know what chicken's feet step on??? eeek....ditto to rebecca's comment!! But we still love you Ellen!!

Elissa said...

WOW!! That's straight out of the Asian market funky!! Love you guys!

Jeanie Doll said...

I second Rebecca's comment but I guess an upside to that is I'd lose tons of weight.

Emily Heizer Photography said...

Oh, MY! That is all I have to say... that and, why don't you have her bake some more pies! I could live on pies! Pies are good... soup... ooooh.... ooooh I don't think I can eat soup anymore...

Emily Heizer Photography said...

What are the red thingees? Or should I not ask....

Trevor said...

the red thing is the blood cake ....j/K...that is dry red date ,
I hope I can get the blood rice cake here though , we sure eat that in Taiwan !!

ellen