Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Daddy's little little little girl


So today was one of those small but significant milestones for us, the 20 week ultrasound. After a failed pregnancy last year that was tough for us to go through, it looks like life is forming on schedule, and our little one is making progress. Although I was personally hoping for a boy, the technician had a clear shot of the pelvis..and no equipment was visibly present. By default, that means our baby is a lady, not a gent. We are listing our favorite names, and as of today, here are the top three: Broomhilda, Bertha, and Helga. Personally, I really like Broomhilda, a three-syllable name with that extra long "broom" part. SWEEEET. Actually, our favorite name at this time is Raley (like the CA grocery chain). We are considering several spellings: Raley, Reili, Raylee, Reyli, Rayli, Rayleigh, etc. Please vote!

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Elissa said...

CONGRATS you guys!! Thank goodness that stubborn Newcomer baby streak didn't hit you guys! We're so excited for you guys! Love you guys.

Rebecca said...

My vote would be for Trellen!

I mean if you pick Raley (whatever the spelling) then Ryan and Elissa would be forced to do soemthing along the lines of Shailey or Dailey and I don't see them loving those. :)

Congrats on the little princess.

Elissa said...

Dito to Rebecca's comment! Ooo I think Shailey Day sounds cute... j/k

Lacey.costner said...

just give her atleast a different sounding middle name...Taiwanese perhaps??? just something a little different...mom will be so confused...she already calls Hailey Kaylee sometimes....love you and so happy you get to buy girl things!!

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Girls are so much fun!

Emily in Wonderland said...

Congratulations Trevor!!!!!!


I really, really, really like the original choice of Broomhilda.



LOL

dust and kam said...

I love Broomhilda! I had a plant named Broomhilda!

I like Reili or Reyli! Very cute!

So exciting!! :) I want a girl! (know of anyone considering adoption? ;) haha)

Adam and Melisa said...

Congrats on the baby news! I personally do not have experience with little girls. I love the name Raley...but I would steer from spelling it Raley...it might bet mis-pronouced as "Ralley"...just a thought! Hope things are going good for you!

{ Bethany } said...

Awwww I'm so excited for you guys!!! Its going to be so fun for you all to have theses lil girls running around and playing together! :) Gavin is going to be outnumbered at the next family reunion!!!

Dan and Janay said...

My vote is Ryelei, like the bread and a chinese sound combined.

Dan

Emily in Wonderland said...

I have a "Raley" as a name comment. Although I am generally opposed to funky spellings, I think that because of the teasing factor, it's good that you go with an alternative spelling.

Now, happily I just had an email from a photography client who has a baby named Raley, but spelled Raeleigh. Now that I actually like. It's clear how to pronouce it, it looks feminine, and it's pheonetically correct. What more could you ask for?!

Ya know my vote! (After Broomhilda of course!)

;)

Dan and Janay said...

"Girls just wanna have fun"...Don't forget that. I'm so excited for Mac to have a playmate.
Janay
PS i like Raylee (It looks more girly, but you do what you like.)